Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pencil Tree!!!

Hey as I was looking back at previous post I noticed there is a lot of stuff I have not posted that I wanted to share with all you random people out there.

The images I am sharing with you in this post are pictures of projects for a class I took a couple of semesters ago. This art class was a 3d design class so there was no drawing just creating stuff from cut out paper, wood, and strings. There was also a final project which involved making a chair out of only found items at our homes.

Our first project was to make sandals using nothing but paper and glue. There was a test attached to this project we actually had to wear them and it had to hold our weight. I tried mine on and it actually took my weight. I was not aware it only had to take out weight we didn't need to walk in them so when I took one step forward it broke and almost fell over good times.


This was another project which involved using string to make a curved design with straight lines. We had a choice as to where to do the design and what design to do. I found this wood item in a thrift store I had to drill holes in this and let me tell you it was a pain in the ass. Putting the string through the holes was also a pain but now that it is over it has become a pleasant memory.



This was probably my favorite project in the class. This project was to stack flat pieces of wood to bring a sense of shape and it also had to have a function. I got an idea right away and this was it. I decided to make it function as a display for pencils and I thought that having pencils coming out like branches of a tree would be cool. It was my first time using an electric saw to cut out the pieces then I drilled holes in the side the size of the pencils to they have a hole to be placed in.


This was the final project the chair assignment. I was lucky cause I just so happen to of had a soda cooler shaped like a giant surge bottle in my backyard. I basically cut out an opening in the side of the bottle and wrapped it in black duct tape to smooth out the edges. Then I made a cushion and it was complete when I brought my chair to class it received a lot of praise and I also got an offer by someone to buy it. It is currently placed in the corner of my living room and could still function as a chair for any who visit.


This is the longest post I have ever done
As always comments are appreciated
And in case i don't see you good afternoon good evening and good night

No comments: