Monday, February 8, 2010

Lego Man as an Artist, 2010

A week ago I had to bring in a object from home to class. I picked a lego man with the item we had to do four thumbnail drawings approximately 3 inches squared. The images I have uploaded this time are: two photos of a lego man drawing, and a the entire thumbnail sketches page. The reason for the title is cause I am also currently enrolled in art history and we were discussing self portraits and many had such a title.

The next two pictures shows the lego man with a piece of graphite in his hands. I feel it must of been fate for me to find a piece of broken graphite that fit inside his hands perfectly cause the graphite piece was much wider than the normal 2hb pencil. I found it put it in his hands and proceeded to draw a image of him then move him in place to give the illusion he drew himself and that is what you see below

I then moved him to another thumbnail and took a picture. I think I prefer this one over the other but both are enjoyable images.

This image is of the entire drawing which on its own is a final piece I think.


Ultimately I had to chose one of the drawings and use it in the final draft which involved four boxes on a 18 x 24 in piece of paper 2 inch border all around and a 1 inch border crossing. I chose the lego man on the run and made him turn 90 degrees in each box making him stay in a never ending run. I will try to upload that image later

Comments are always appreciated
except for spam comments which I seem to be getting a lot of lately

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! This helped a bunch! I've read several
rather confusing sites lately, this cleared up a lot confusion I had.